Monday, August 24, 2009

Boggity, Boggity, Boogity

Andy took me to my first Nascar race this weekend in Bristol, Tennessee. I have always watched the races on TV but being there gave me a whole new respect for the sport. The race didn't start until 7:30, but we got there at 2:00 so we could take it all in.We were lucky to have passes to the pit area before the race. It was neat watching all the pit crews get the cars ready for inspection and the race. We saw a few drivers throughout the day. We saw Greg Biffle, Dale Jr, Denny Hamlin, Michael Waltrip, and Reed Sorenson. We are big fans of "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel. I was so excited to meet Captain Jonathan Hillstrand from the Time Bandit. He was in Tony Stewart's pit. We spent a few hours in the pits before heading to our seats.




"Gentlemen Start Your Engines" is all they had to say. The pace car turned off its lights, and the green flag flew!

My heart was beating so fast watching the cars go around the track at 120+ mph on a
1/2 mile track. I now understand the excitement of Nascar. I am ready for another race!!



1 comment:

Julee H. Nappier said...

It was great FINALLY meeting Andy! Yal are so very sweet! Take care!!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations