Sunday, May 17, 2009

Much Needed Vacation


Andy and I left for Santa Rosa Beach, Florida on Thursday. We went down to stay with some of Andy's friends from North Carolina. We got up at 5:00 Friday morning and went charter fishing with a company out of Destin. We were out there for 5 hours. We ended up catching seven speckled trout and two salt water catfish. We kept the trout and threw the catfish back. I never knew the seagulls would actually take our bait fish out of the water and fly away with our lines. Most of the time they would end up dropping the fish and line, but one of them didn't let go. The captain of the boat reeled him into the boat before he let go. The seagulls were really hungry. After we finished fishing, we went to get our Florida marriage license. YIPEE!! I know the people in the courthouse thought we were crazy because we smelled like fish. The beach was so nice. The water was crystal clear. It was nice to get away, but always great to get back home. Thanks Jim and Andi for a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and Andy had a good time. I'm looking forward to next month and the wedding.
See you then.

Love, Marilyn

Tootie said...

Your post came in my Google Sanibel Alerts, that's why I dropped by....

I think this is the best place in the world for a wedding. I hope we get a glimpse of the bride and groom while you are here. :-) I have a photo on my blog of a couple that got married here last night. The bride was beautiful.

The Auburn Polks said...

We are going to be in the Destin Area this weekend. I hope we have some luck fishing this weekend. Those Saltwater catfish are some nasty fish. I hate the slim that they leave on your fishing line. See you the week after next. The kids were WILD yesturday. We finally have to bribe them to get them to listen.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Lovin the picture of yal...so sweet and cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Brandy we caught some nice Trout. It was a good thing we had her on the boat or else.....

Pretty work Brandy!!!

Captain Josh

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations